Pregnancy hormones are the root cause of your skin changes. The fluctuations can cause your skin to either dry out or produce more oily acne-prone skin.
Therefore, old wives’ tales claim that if you do not have a surge in acne, you may be carrying a BOY. If you are breaking out all over your face and body, and you normally do not have excessive acne, you may be carrying a GIRL! (They say girls steal their mother’s looks)
More body appearance changes:
- Areola (skin around the nipple) becomes dark=BOY. Areola unchanged predicts GIRL.
- Face shape appears long and lean=BOY. Face shape is round=GIRL.
- Right breast is larger than the left=BOY. Left breast is larger than the right=GIRL.
- Hair, leg hair, and fingernails growing fast predicts you are pregnant with a BOY. No noticeable growth=GIRL.
- Shape of your belly (Use in second and third trimester) is round like a basketball? BOY. The shape of your stomach is flat like a watermelon? GIRL.
- Carrying Low predicts that you are pregnant with a BOY. Carrying High means, you might be carrying a GIRL. (Again, use during second and third trimester)